Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan Virtual Town Hall
Auburn, CA – Community members are invited to attend a virtual town hall for the first-ever final draft of the Countywide Parks and Trails Master Plan.
The Virtual Town Hall will offer a presentation on the main elements and changes to the plan since the May 2021 draft and a time for public comment. Community members can attend the virtual meeting online on January 27 at 6 p.m. here.
The master plan is intended to reflect the recreational needs of individual communities, such as league play demands in Granite Bay and Loomis, and the need for connected trails for summer and indoor recreation during the winter in the east of Placer County.
The draft plan reflects community input provided during a five-year planning process through a series of public workshops, online surveys, focus groups and City Advisory Board meetings. , to name a few.
years of preparation
“The Parks and Trails Master Plan is the culmination of years of community input, planning and commitment to Placer County’s recreational priorities,” said Andy Fisher, Placer County Parks Administrator. “This is the first time that all of Placer County’s recreation opportunities have been brought together in one location. When people start to see all they can do outdoors today and the vision of completing trail systems, parks and open spaces within the next 20 years, there is a lot of ‘excitement around the plan’
Community feedback indicated strong support for paved and dirt trails, natural areas, and new and improved facilities unique to each community. The results also confirmed that the parks and trails projects already in development in the county are in line with the improvements desired by the communities.
The Parks Commission will hear a presentation at a special meeting on February 10 at 5:30 p.m. The Placer County Board of Supervisors is tentatively expected to make a decision on the master plan in March based on feedback from City Hall and the Parks Commission.
The final draft of the Parks and Trails Master Plan is available for review below.
January 2022 – Final Draft Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan:
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan – Vol 1 January 17, 2022 Volume 1 includes the executive summary and inventory, analysis and recommendations related to the park.
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan-Vol 2 January 17, 2022 – Volume 2 includes inventory, analysis and recommendations related to trails.
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan – App A January 17, 2022 – 11×17 enlarged maps included in Volume 1
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan – App B January 17, 2022 – 11×17 enlarged maps included in Volume 2
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan – App C January 17, 2022 – Trail Design Standards Based on USFS Standards
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan – App D January 17, 2022 – Trail Atlas includes detailed maps of county trails, organized by community and specific plans.
- PLACER Parks & Trails Plan – App E Jan 17, 2022 – Includes a summary of the public engagement process.