PRINCIPAL PROJECT MANAGER – Washington, DC, United States | Works
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Senior Project Manager manages the most complex projects of the largest magnitude. Responsible for coordinating all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Prepares strategic plans for project success. Serves as the primary client liaison contact to complete projects on time, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction. Actively manages client budgets, schedules and programs; project communication and documentation; project team assignments and related office administrative tasks. Estimate fees, determine scope of work and prepare proposals and contracts for the most complex projects. Supervises and monitors the work of project managers and less experienced team members. May act as team leader in the absence of a project manager. Requires working in CAD/BIM (ArchiCAD).
CLASSIFICATION OF POSTS
- The position will be full time, Monday to Friday for a total of 40 hours per week. Candidates are required to work in the office during prime business hours, with flexible scheduling options. Additional time may sometimes be required to meet deadlines.
- You will be an exempt salaried employee under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
We believe cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have defined several values that define our studio culture.
The main mission of Emotive Architecture is to ELEVATE THROUGH EXPERIENCE. In everything we do, we seek to inspire our customers, staff and associates, through both the process and the end result.
Emotive shares the following core values:
- Belief in the possible: We solve problems creatively to inspire
- Results Driven – We Do It
- Commitment – We collaborate
- Growth/ learning – We encourage incremental transformation
- Design Integrity – We pay close attention to detail using sound design principles
- Communication and listening
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B. Arch and/or M. Arch degree
- Portfolio of works reflecting the ability to produce sophisticated and detailed construction documents
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in large-scale commercial and/or large-scale residential (multi-family) buildings.
- License is a plus, but not required.
- Manages about 4 projects per year
- Reviews and critiques of the work of 2 project managers and project teams of 2 to 4
- Ensures control and evaluation of quality and best practices.
- Monitors the design process from concept to construction administration to ensure consistency of design ideas; including preparation of technical drawings by architects/trainees
- Provides technical advice and innovative solutions to solve design and complex problems.
- Performs and documents site visits, processes bids, replacement requests and RFIs during construction
- Search for new elements/materials/concepts/software to implement on projects
- Performs assignments independently and arrives at solutions
- Writes manuals and project specifications / if necessary
- Reviews the accuracy of completed calculations, estimates, plans and reports.
- Collaborates with municipal building departments and government agency representatives for approvals.
- Creates and distributes minutes of consultant coordination meetings.
- Participates in business development meetings to target specific markets, customers or project opportunities.
- Prepares strategic plans for project success.
- Coordinates all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Writes proposals and contracts.
- Estimate costs, determine scope of work
- Provides at least 4 medium-sized (30,000-50,000 square foot) project CD packs per year.
- Increases the efficiency of project architects in the office
- Increases company exposure through consistent quality projects and social awareness.
- Supports business development
- Contributes to our culture of clear and concise open communication, including weekly client touchpoints
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and relationship building
- Creativity, innovation, passion
- Strong technical sense
- Excellent investigative, analytical and decision-making skills
- Conflict resolution
- Planning and execution of tasks
- Quick and accurate decision making
- The ability to meet deadlines and interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential job function
- Critical thinking to assess, select and apply design skills and techniques to project-related assignments
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication (written, oral, graphic and presentation skills)
- Excellent work ethic
- Three-dimensional problem solving
- Excellent understanding of how all building components work together.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in tools such as Bluebeam, Photoshop and the Microsoft Office suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Expertise in interpreting and applying understanding of building and zoning codes, primarily in single and multi-family and mixed-use dwellings (particularly for the district, but displays comfort in multiple jurisdictions)
- Good working knowledge of CAD or BIM software. ArchiCAD a plus, will provide training as needed.
- Professional development
- Promotional potential
- Professional membership fees up to $1000/year
- 10 days paid vacation
- 5 wellness days
- 5 federal holidays
- Visit the project sites
- Surveys of vacant and occupied buildings
- To go up the stairs
- Reliable personal vehicle and valid US driver’s license
- Regional travel (Maryland and Virginia)/monthly
Disclaimer – The information in this document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor to be an exhaustive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application, along with a cover letter, detailed CV and portfolio to:
Administrative Support Manager
Back to task list…